Why do one?
Why not get in front of my camera before the wedding day? But, to be totally fair, I’ve done weddings that I’ve never met the couple before and it still turns out fantastic!
If you’re nervous about being in front of the camera, I’ve got you. I’m very intuitive and can read people in their comfort levels. Redirection out of a poses or instruction is key and then between the two of you, you create your own magic and to have the best engagement session!
1-Always, always bring your cute puppy! It’s great to have them for the first part of your session and have a friend available to pick them up and take them home so you don’t have to worry about them.
What to wear:
2. Wear something that you feel comfortable moving around in. Try it on in different lighting (night and daylight) to make sure you feel comfortable in the outfit.
3. It never hurts to send me photos of what you want to wear so that I can envision it in the setting that we have picked. Or, if you are unsure of what to wear, send me photos of some options and I can help figure out what is going to look good on camera.
4. Avoid bright neon colors! Some colors will photograph weird on camera or cast the color on your skin tone. If you’re unsure, send me a photo.
5. You want to look back on these and feel like you put your best foot forward, so consider wearing something dressy with great shoes. This even goes for the guys-avoid tennis shoes with dress pants.
Full Charleston engagement session here: http://danielleflake.com/2018/12/charleston-engagement-portraits-wedding-historic-charleston/
7. The location for engagement sessions doesn’t have to be a stressful thing because really these photos are about you two as a couple! But, you can pick some place with a neutral background or something that means something to you like a destination or the town you grew up in. You don’t need multiple locations, let me help you find the best part/s of the place you are thinking of and I can help direct you to what will photograph well. It’s easier to find the location first and then pick out your outfit. And, if you unsure, ask me for examples or suggestions. I can ask you a few quick questions and help you narrow it down.
8. Think about a hair/makeup artist if you’re nervous about fixing yourself up on the day. Be clear with your artist on what you’re looking for-bring photos! And, if you need suggestions, I can give an idea of people that I love depending on your style! This is an easy way to de-stress to have the best engagement session!
Full Pilot Mountain engagement session here: http://danielleflake.com/2018/12/pilot-mountain-engagement-couple-hikers/